Cloudways is one of the few companies out there that offers a great balance between affordability, and functionality to users looking for adequate cloud-based, and managed WordPress Hosting.
We will discuss in detail this hosting option in this, Cloudways WordPress Review.
Overview of Cloudways
Cloudways offers users a fully managed hosting and promises no more slow loading WordPress sites, which will evidently lead in a decrease in headaches.
Further, you want to avoid any slowing to your site because this can have a dramatic result on the success of it. Traffic can be reduced, because people simple are not going to wait a long time, waiting for a slow website to load.
This platform includes service cloud servers with a fantastic feature set. With these users are able to scale hosting resources as their website continues to grow.
Cloudways infrastructure has no doubt been optimized for speed, performance, and security.
If you are still considering signing up for Cloudways as your managed WordPress host, then you should consider the 3-day free trial that Cloudways offers. This will allow you to test it out before committing to a subscription.
The cheaper managed WordPress hosting plan is about $10 per month.
Cloudways was founded by individuals with the names of, Uzair Gadit, Pere Hospital, and Aaqib Gadit in 2009. There “headquarters” is located on an island of Malta in Europe.
They have offices in Spain as well in Dubai and their 30+ staff have helped over 8,000 users from over 43 different countries to launch over 12, 000+ servers, and over 25,000+ web apps.
The Cloudways mission is to provide users with a managed cloud hosting solution, which will allow users to focus on the business side of things, and ultimately handle their hosting headquarters efficiently.
Cloudways is one of the few companies that offers a great balance between affordability and functionality when it comes down to cloud-based managed WordPress hosting.
It is like none other out there, and once this review is done you will have gained some understanding to why this hosting platform maybe the right one for you.
Cloudways has stepped out as a unique WordPress hosting company by providing a unique managed hosting solution. Other companies may have similar features but the vast majority will have web hosts offering managed WordPress hosting on a shared, VPS, or dedicated server environment.
Cloudways is MANAGED WORDPRESS HOSTING!
Cloudways offers managed cloud-hosting services for WordPress sites on a cloud server where multiple copies of your content will be replicated throughout the chosen data center which is all controlled by the user.
The switching of data that occurs is done so as a result of a complex algorithm, and if your main server goes down, than you do not have to worry because a copy of your website is served from the next available server.
This allows users to have rapid deployment of computing resources, high performance, & service reliability.
Cloudways Vs Traditional Hosting
You might be thinking, how is Cloudways WordPress hosting different from the traditional hosting? Well lets take a look at the following reasons.
- Cloud hosting means that your website is stored on multiple servers and compared to the traditional hosting where your site is stored on a singular server (with a back-up). Since your site is on multiple servers, it can be migrated easily in the case of any incidents.
- Cloud hosting improves the up time because one of the servers in the network can take over if anything goes wrong.
- Cloud hosting is typically much faster from the traditional hosting, and the server can detect your customer’s location, and transmit this content from the server nearest to your customer.
- Many cloud hosting companies use solid-state-drives (SSDs) to improve their site performance and in general, the cloud hosting offers much more security from the traditional hosts. In addition, Cloudways uses a wide range of security techniques to process your WordPress website.
- In addition, cloud servers will give you the opportunity to scale very quickly, and this is important to your business because you will want your site to be up and functioning as soon as possible to start generating the income you want.
- You will have more control of your hosting bill with the pay-as-you-go plan.
Cloudways servers provide a significant amount of varying amounts of processing power, bandwidth, memory, and storage space. The most basic hosting plan offers a cloud server with 10 GB RAM, 24 GB of storage, 1 Core Processor, and 1 TB Bandwidth.
How does Cloudways keep your WordPress website secure, and has it loading with the quickness speed? Let’s see how…
- Cloudways will take care of any issues such as site migration.
- Cloudways CDN improves server speed. In addition, the fast websites are crucial to an online stores’ success.
- The auto-healing feature allows for the resolution of any issues that might be putting your website at risk for issues such as site-crashing.
- Cloudways offers users security from those dirty targeted hackers by offering a dedicated firewall to secure your website.
- Built in encrypt SSL secures communication between your website and your customers. In addition, Cloudways offers a two-factor authentication, which offers another layer of protection to your website.
- One-click installation for an array of apps.
- Easy to set up for newbies creating new sites – deploy a new website with the click of your server.
- You will have a support team 24/7, just in case you have any issues or questions that arise.
Launching the Server
Launching your server is super easy with Cloudways because it lets you configure the specifications of the desired server directly from their hosting control panel.
Before you begin to configure your server, you Will have to choose your preferred cloud provider on the Cloudways console. A cloud provider is essentially another company that offers an infrastructure as a service to Cloudways. In this situation the user would need to access the data centers and cloud based servers for hosting websites.
The five cloud providers that Cloudways works with are:
–Google Compute Engine
– Digital Ocean
– Amazon Web Services
Once you have chosen the cloud provider that you want, then you can begin with the configuration of your server. A slider on the control panel lets you select the number of page views that you will anticipate to receive on a monthly basis. In addition, Cloudways uses this information to recommend a server size that would be ideal for your specific hosting needs.
Further, you can also set the server specifications manually by specifying how much bandwidth, core processors, storage, and RAM you will need. Also, it will prompt you to select your server location.
After the configuration, the cloud server specifications, you will be able to install the WordPress from the “application management” tab. There will be three WordPress installations to choose from and they will be:
1) Standard WordPress hosting with built-in caching tools
2) WordPress Mutli-Site
3) WordPress with WooCommerce hosting
Each installation will come with the W3 Total Cache Plug-In installed, and configured to boost your websites speed and overall performance.
What Can You Do With the Cloudways Console?
Users will find several other significant settings under the “Server Management” tab in the Cloudways console. Continue to scroll further down the tab to reveal additional features that you can manage as needed.
The following is a quick rundown of the several server features that you will be able to access with Cloudways as your host for your WordPress Website…
This feature is great because it keeps a log of the “white list’ IP addresses that users have used in order to gain access to your server.
You will be allowed automatic backups for your cloud server images with the Cloudways platform. In addition, you will be able to set up the server to back itself up every day, every two days, every three days, and so forth up to the maximum frequency of one week. Further, you will be able to back up your server at any time manually at the click of one button.
Server monitoring is perhaps one of the most impressive features that if offered by Cloudways. Users will be provided with a graph in the display section in order to help you monitor the load of your cloud server.
In addition, a simple drop-down menu will provide 15 variables to monitor, some which will include the incoming traffic, idle CPU, and Reads per Second.
You can use the “Application Add-On” section when you install the application specific add-ons for DNS Management, Transactional Email Services, and so on. Cloudways console also offers an extra tool such as back-up restoration, SSL certificate installation, and GIT integration.
Compatible with E-Commerce Hosting?
Cloudways hosting provides users with a wide range of e-commerce friendly features that are all well-designed to make selling your times online as easy as possible.
In addition, the host boasts 100% reliability with extremely fast page loading times, as low as two seconds, and this is thanks to a combo of Nginx, Varnish, Apache, and Memchaed.
Cloudways hosts e-commerce options are also complete with user-friendly console, unlimited storage, managed security backups, and the 24/7 support that is required to assist in the success of your online website.
Supported E-Commerce Platforms
The supported e-commerce platforms of Cloudways include: Magento, WooCommerce, and Prestashop.
With removing all the fuss surrounding the installation of the open source e-commerce platform, Cloudways was specifically designed with one-click installation of Magneto. In addition, the hosting provider is optimized to run Magneto stores’ at high-speed which will mean a higher conversion of your company.
Additional features that you may see include the multi SSL deployment, alongside built in SSH and GIt environments. In addition, you will have free migration services offered for your online store.
WooCommerce is another popular e-commerce platform that is commonly supported by Cloudways hosting. The hosting provider has put in some significant time to ensure that installation is super simple and easy and this is also as a result of the one-click install process and free automatic migration service.
Cloudways has partnered with some top cloud providers in the industry so you can be confident that you will be able to count on them to provide you with 99% up time when hosting your website on their WordPress cloud servers.
In addition, WordPress sites that have been hosted on Cloudways have 40-50% better load times, which made possible by Cloudways proprietary VMAN technology. This easily deploys: Varnish, Memchached, Apache, and Nginx.
It is well-known that poor loading times can affect your company’s Google search rankings and drive impatient customers away. Page speeds are very important to small businesses!
Cloudways boasts (and rightfully so) super-fast page loading times. This is as a result to cutting-edge technology that has been created for maximizing speed:
- MySQL/MariaDB for Databases
- SSD (solid-state-drives) for storage
Pros & Cons
- It is very easy to set up
- Excellent Uptime
- Several flexible account tiers
- Has the ability to support numerous apps
- Offers users a convenient, Pay-as-you-go plan
- Users can try the service prior to purchasing and signing up
- Site Cloning available
- No domain registration as an option
- Email costs extra
Cloudways leverages powerful servers to deliver affordable, powerful, and easy to set up web hosting. However, it doesn’t offer domain registration or email.
Cloudways is a cloud based web hosting service that is very popular now in the email marketing world.
Several things make this platform distinctive from its competitors, and one of these is lets users select from one of five platforms, including Amazon Web Services and Google Cloud Platform, and offers a wallet – budget, friendly, pay-as-you-go plan by clicking HERE.
(Note- this article may contain affiliate links. If you purchase
anything after clicking an affiliate link, I may receive some